DUCK AND COVER
You'll be prepared for the blind and beyond with our picks from Mack's Prairie Wings in Stuttgart
By Mel Jones
1. Leupold folding pocket knife and black leather Buck sheath.
2. Black and gold Elite Cache single-reed duck call.
3. Crushable, water-repellant wool “Rapids” style Stetson hat in walnut.
4. MPW’s Geridge WindTamer full-zip wool sweater, with hand-warmer pockets and waxed cotton elbow and shoulder accents.
5. Avery Sporting Dog top-grain leather line lead for field trials and hunt tests.
6. Oliberte chukka-style Mogado Hi boot, Fair Trade Certified and sustainably made in Ethiopia of 100-percent goat leather.
7. Columbia Flare Gun Flannel III long-sleeve plaid shirt with Omni-Wick technology and embroidered MPW feather.
1. Fayetteville-based Plythal Lethal Layering System’s lightweight, insulated Prima-Heat vest, with fleece-lined pockets and an extra-high collar.
2. Lacrosse’s classic green Grange rubber boots, 100-percent waterproof with a Chevron Cleated Outsole for unparalleled traction.
3. Smartwool’s extra-heavy over-the-calf wool hunt socks with full-cushion leg and foot for all-day comfort and protection.
4. Acme high-frequency dog training whistle.
5. Dokken’s DeadFowl Trainer teaches dogs how to hold and carry game birds with a soft, lifelike body, and hard feet and head to eliminate aggressive head shaking.
6. The newest addition to Echo Calls’ lineup, the ODB (Old Ducky Breaker) blows loud for longer-distance calling, but comes down to a soft close in quack.
7. The ultimate one call that does it all, RNT’s original call in ivory was made to produce a wide range of sounds and withstand the harshest weather possible.
8. Easily haul five birds with MPW’s leather game strap with solid-brass details.